So you have an Otto Heating Report Card. Now what? How do I understand my score?
The Otto Heating Report Card is an unbiased way of explaining how your system stacks up with current available technology. The Report states what you have, and which products would improve your system.
The more stars you have, the closer it is to optimum home comfort.
Here's how it works:
1. You are rewarded stars for each level of efficiency.
Here are the highest possible efficiencies:
- Furnaces reach 99% efficient.
- Water heaters can reach 97% efficiency
- Air conditioners can reach 26 SEER ratings.
- Furnace filters reach MERV 16
2. You are rewarded stars for remaining life expectancy.
Here are the expected life expectancies:
- Furnaces life expectancy is 16-20 years.
- Natural draft Water heaters life expectancy is 8-12. Tankless heaters 20-25 years.
- Air conditioners life expectancy is 15-20 years.
3. You are rewarded stars for higher end products.
- Filters improve breathability of the air. Higher the MERV rating, the more stars you get.
- With each upgrade of humidifier, you have more consistent humidity levels.
- With each upgraded thermostat, programming can improve efficiencies of your home.
4. For added products or services you are rewarded bonus stars
-UV Lights, Duct Cleaning, Heat Recovery Ventilators, and HEPA systems all significantly improve the air in your home.
These products award 3-4 bonus stars each product or service.
So with your entire HVAC system inspected, you are given a score out of 50 stars.
Which products or services will give you the biggest jump in stars? Give us a call to find out!